Endangered Fishes of Europe
Corals, Jellyfish, and Sea Anemones
Click on the species name to view its profile.
***What fishes are listed here?:The Europe section of this site lists the folllowing fishes appearing on select endangered species lists:
- Fishes that dwell in or migrate to any region found in Europe and any nearby islands of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Fishes that dwell in the East Atlantic Ocean (Azores).
- Fishes of Iceland.
- Fishes that dwell in the Adriatic Sea and Sea of Azov.
- Fishes that dwell in the Black and Caspian Sea.
- Fishes that dwell in Corsica.
- Fishes that dwell in Cyprus.
- Fishes of the Palearctic.
- Fishes of Russia.
- Fishes of Eurasia.
- Some species dwelling on the North African Coast.
- Fishes of the Mediterranean Sea and islands located in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Fishes dwelling in islands of Spain (Canary, Balearic).
In some cases, the creatures listed in this section may also be found on other continents or in other areas, which is why you may see additional
areas noted in the range column.
This list combines species from several endangered species lists.
Using the total count of species found on this site as an official count of
endangered species of the world is not recommended
. For more information on
what creatures are listed on this site, please visit our