Endangered Crustaceans of Europe
| Corals, Jellyfish, and Sea Anemones
Click on the species name to view all info that is currently available.
|Alona spp. (3)||Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Macedonia, Slovenia|
|Arctodiaptomus spp. (2)||Russia, Turkey|
|Broad-fingered Crayfish||Asia, Europe|
|Carinurella paradoxa||Italy, Slovenia|
|Chirocephalus spp. (3)||Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Republic of Macedonia, Slovenia|
|Dussartius baeticus||Portugal, Spain|
|Elaphoidella spp. (3)||Slovenia|
|Eoleptestheria spinosa||Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro|
|Haplophthalmus spp. (2)||Croatia, Slovenia|
|Imnadia spp. (3)||Serbia and Montenegro|
|Metacyclops spp. (2)||Italy, Slovenia|
|Metatrichoniscoides celticus||United Kingdom|
|Monolistra spp. (4)||Italy, Slovenia|
|Niphargobates spp. (2)||Greece, Slovenia|
|Niphargus spp. (8)||Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine|
|Nitocrella spp. (2)||Italy, Slovenia|
|Potamon spp. (6)||Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East|
|Proasellus spp. (2)||Slovenia|
|Pseudocandona spp. (3)||Slovenia|
|Stone Crayfish||Asia, Europe|
|Stygodiaptomus spp. (2)||Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia|
|Troglocaris anophthalmus||Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Italy, Slovenia|
|More creatures in Europe:|
Mammals | Birds | Reptiles | Amphibians | Fishes | Insects | Arachnids
Worms | Clams | Crustaceans | Snails | Corals, Jellyfish, and Sea Anemones | Plants
***What crustaceans are listed here?:The Europe section of this site lists the folllowing crustaceans appearing on select endangered species lists:
- Crustaceans that dwell in or migrate to any region found in Europe and any nearby islands of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Crustaceans that dwell in the East Atlantic Ocean (Azores).
- Crustaceans of Iceland.
- Crustaceans that dwell in the Adriatic Sea and Sea of Azov.
- Crustaceans that dwell in the Black and Caspian Sea.
- Crustaceans that dwell in Corsica.
- Crustaceans that dwell in Cyprus.
- Crustaceans of the Palearctic.
- Crustaceans of Russia.
- Crustaceans of Eurasia.
- Some species dwelling on the North African Coast.
- Crustaceans of the Mediterranean Sea and islands located in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Crustaceans dwelling in islands of Spain (Canary, Balearic).
In some cases, the creatures listed in this section may also be found on other continents or in other areas, which is why you may see additional areas noted in the range column.Disclaimer:
This list combines species from several endangered species lists. Using the total count of species found on this site as an official count of endangered species of the world is not recommended
. For more information on what creatures are listed on this site, please visit our About Us